- 2 tsp (12 grams) salt.
- 7 ounces (200 grams) chopped Valrhona Grand Cru Guanaja 70%.
- 1 cup (225 grams) granulated sugar.
- 1 ⅝ cups (370 grams) butter.
- 4 ⅓ cups (540 grams) flour.
- 1 ½ cup (310 grams) packed light brown sugar.
- 2 ½ tsp (12 grams) baking soda.
- 2 eggs.
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract.
- Step 1:
Cream the butter with both granulated and light brown sugar until light and fluffy using a mixer with a paddle attachment. Eather stand or hand mixer can do.
- Step 2:
Combine eggs and vanilla extract and stir well. Add to the butter mixture slowly while scraping down after each addition.
- Step 3:
Mix the salt, flour and baking soda and add it to the wet mixture. Mix well just until the dough begins to come together.
- Step 4:
Add the chopped chocolate, and mix until the chocolate gets incorporated.
- Step 5:
Form balls with the dough and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Step 4:
Bake at 176°C (350°F) for 8 to 12 minutes, depending on the size of the cookies. You'll see the cookies are ready when light golden brown on the edges.